Live ~ Life ~ Lovely

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

My DIY bleached skinnys

Hi Gals,

It's been awhile since I have done a post. Actually, a little over a week. I guess I took a blog vacation. LOL. Honestly, I haven't been overly busy or anything just getting my house together. And enjoying a little R&R! I have been in my house for 6 months now and still have boxes in the garage that needs unpacking....SMH. That just means that either I had to buy all over again what is packed or I need to get rid of some things. And its probably the latter. 

Here's my ensemble from Monday...I bleached the jeans to get that dyed effect. I am not sure but I believe it was almost a year ago when I did this lil quick DIY. However, when I bleached the jeans I really wasn't digging them to much because it was too orange-y for me. But, I am usually a dare-to-be-different kind of gal....and I am loving them right now. I am thinking of shredding the front thigh section. These jeans makes me feel younger too. Hehe! Such a good thang.








The necklace above was handmade by none other than my son Kam'ren. It was a Mother's Day gift and it is absolutely my fave pic of jewelry. For obvious reasons. It has a matching bracelet 2.







Sorry for the fussiness of the photos....I took these photos with my iphone and when I enlarged them this is what happened. 

The process of how I bleached my skinnys....
* Saturate a towel with bleach 
* Rub the front of the jeans vertically with the bleached towel
* Blot the back of the jeans with the bleached towel (However, depending on the look you want you can do it how you like. i.e. blot the front thigh area only, exclude the back from the bleaching process, dip the bottom of the legs in bleach (I think I am really digging that last 1)
* Let them air dry
* Wash them as you normally would
* And flaunt!

There you go...if you happen to do this DIY please send me pics!!! I would love to see.

What I Am Wearing...
~ "She Fancy" H and M Tank
~ Black Skinny Jeans
~ Naughty Monkey Heels
~ Big Fat Orange Gem Ring
~ Handmade Beaded Necklace....thanks Kam for the gifts & being the best camera boy ever!

If you haven't noticed I ditched my ponytail for my fave hairstyle...THE CURLY WEAVE....I really don't like wearing ponytails bcz when I was younger my aunt would always make her lil comments about me never wearing my hair down. However, for the past few months ponytails were what my budget allowed! LOL. But I am fortunate that over a year ago I invested good hard earned money into some Indian hair that will last me for a very long time. So TAH-DAH! I'm Baccckkkkk!

No comments: