Live ~ Life ~ Lovely

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Army Green

First off, shout out to the folks that are serving this country!
And special thanks to my Big Brother Vince....that retired as a Sergeant Major a few years ago...my Big Brother LaMond that served this country as well...and my niece LaNail that is also in the military and to my daddy Donaciano (don't talk about my daddy name) that came from Puerto Rico and went straight to New York with this bold street attitude that resulted in many brawls in which he used his belt as a weapon...lol...(story to follow some other time) but that was in his young YOUNG days and he wasn't fighting for his country but I guess he was fighting for something.
You guys Rock!!!

The reason for that steams from my shirt. My outfit is not snazzy or anything and is probably not worth posting. But it's actually my favorite kind of attire. Jeans and a shirt/tank. However, I really wanted to share my army green shirt/jacket. 

It actually belonged to one of my brothers. And that thang is as old as they are, haha! I don't know the details of where it came from but my mom mentioned that she may have gotten it from a surplus store centuries ago. LOL. She gave it to my son to wear one day last year because it was cold when I was leaving her house and he didn't have a coat with him. I threw that what I thought was a ugly-ole-shirt-that-would-be-great-for-a-rag-to-clean-my-house in the corner of the closet. And one day finally hung it up because ironically I didn't want to look messy. And I say ironically because i can get quite messy when it comes to my clothes and shoe closets. I am sure my friends and fam will vouch for that....but right now my closets are clean! SO THERE! Anyway, this week I just happened to be drawn into this shirt. It has really cool buttons that has clusters of stars on them. ~And right now I am kicking myself for not taking any pics of the buttons. ~ It also has this old faded rugged look to it. So I like it. Thank you bro!



















Once again I used the iphone to take pics so the quality is awful....I keep forgetting to charge my camera...Note to self....CHARGE YOUR DARN CAMERA!

What I Am Wearing...

~ Vintage Army Green Shirt
~ "Wife Beater" or "Sling Shot" haha! what! that's what everybody calls them :-/
~ Dark Denim H & M Skinny Jeans
~ Lucky Brand Embroidery Belt
~ Michael Kors Patent Leather Sandals

Also, I am sans-jewelry today....I did not do that on purpose.

I am pondering what else I can wear that shirt with that will make it stand out and bring out a more military inspired look.  Any suggestions????? hmm?

No comments: